I will never claim to be the best at speaking (or writing) eloquently but inhale a linguistic pet peeve I Would very much like to discuss with you. There is an overused four letter word that is driving me fucking bananas.
The word is nice.
If I were to ask you what nice meant you’d be like “um, uh, it’s like nice, you know,” because typically we’re not using the word nice a synonym of pleasant, which is it’s primary definition.
Collectively, let’s work on changing the way we describe things, be a little more succinct. To aid you in this progression toward enlighten discriptions I have listed some common phrases and alternatives for those common phrases and their various inflections below.
He’s a nice guy.
- He’s a less than impressive man but there is nothing specifically wrong with him.
- He’s a bit of a weirdo.
- He’s good enough for you…
- He hasn’t murdered anyone, that I’m aware of, but I wouldn’t put it past him, that’s just the vibe he gives off.
She seems nice.
- She is friendly.
- She is probably a woman of loose morals.
- I don’t like her at all, but telling you that would offend you and that scares me.
Today is a nice day.
- Today is quite pleasant.
- Today is a nice day.*
Those are nice tits.
- Those breasts are impressive in size (or whatever makes them impressive).
- I’ve been blindsided by the unexpected gloriousness of that bosom over yonder.
- Boobs are good, I like boobs, those boobs included.
- Those knockers are more what I’m looking for in my life.
It’s so nice to see you.
- It’s not a great time to talk, please let me go.
- I can’t remember your name but I am enjoying this produce aisle catch-up.
- You’ve turned into a fantastic looking human specimen since I’ve seen you last, please ask me out.
*This is a prime example of
4 thoughts on “Removing Nice from Your Vocabulary ”
I find a lot of things funny, in real life, it is not often that something I read makes me laugh out loud, sometimes all it gets is a slight smile,,, but THIS “I’ve been blindsided by the unexpected gloriousness of that bosom over yonder.”, this was pure gold!! I would totally say that to a lady instead of nice tits (mainly cos I HATE the word tits). What I am saying is well done for making me laugh, again! Keep that shit up!
Thanks! I also hate the word tits, but that’s a story for another day.
One which you HAVE to share!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Reblogged this on lukraakvars and commented:
I do not usually reblog, I might have to work on that, but Megan over at Wise Ass Life Coaching is funny as all heck and THIS post of hers is mint!! Go read her blog!